If Your Dog Liked Chlorine He’d Buy a Swimming Pool
Chlorine is a nasty but cheap chemical used to make safe drinking water. Even the smallest water supplies are now usually chlorinated.
Chlorine is a respiratory irritant. Its gas irritates mucus membranes and its liquid will burn skin. In concentrated doses it is fatal. In fact it was used as a war gas in 1915.
While its main purpose in drinking water is to kill bacteria, it doesn’t know the difference between good and bad bacteria. When chlorinated water is ingested it kills the “good bacteria” that exists in our bodies (and our pets bodies) that is essential for good health.
Be kind to your pets. Don’t give them chlorinated water.